Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
- We are Paper Straw Group Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 11671960. Our registered office is at Paper Straw Group Limited, Maybury Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 5HX.
- This contract sets out your legal rights and responsibilities, our legal rights and responsibilities, and certain key information required by law.
- In this contract
- “We” or “us” means Paper Straw Group Limited;
- “You” or “your” is the person using our site to buy products from us; and
- “the products” are the products that we provide to you under this contract.
- By purchasing the products from us, you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- It is therefore important that you understand what you are agreeing to and so if you do not understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please call us on 01483 732 610 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- When buying any products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any documents referred to in them.
Information we give you
- The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 requires us to give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made (see paragraph 9 below). We will give you this information in a clear and understandable way. Some of this information is likely to be obvious from the context. Some of this information is also set out in this contract, such as information on our complaint handling policy.
- We will give you information on:
- The main characteristics of the products that you want to purchase from us;
- Who we are, where we are based and how you can contact us;
- The total price of your purchase or the services including any taxes or where this cannot reasonably be worked out in advance, the manner in which we will work out the price; and
- Our complaint handling policy.
- The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
Your privacy and personal information
- While we try to make sure that the colours of our products are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use. Your product may therefore vary slightly from those images.
- The packaging of the products may be different from that shown on the site.
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the products are of satisfactory quality, are fit for purpose, match the description, sample or model and are installed properly (if we install any products). We must provide you with products that comply with legal requirements.
- All products are subject to availability. If we cannot supply certain products we may need to substitute them with alternative products of equal or better standard and value. In this case we will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
Ordering products from us
- We set out below how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- By proceeding through the checkout stages of the website, you are making an offer to us to purchase the products. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- After you have placed an order with us, we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for one of the following reasons:
- the products are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the products from us;
- we are not allowed to sell the products to you;
- you have ordered too many products; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the products.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this. At this point a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and we will dispatch the products to you.
Right to cancel this contract
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason, except where the products are supplied to your specifications or are clearly personalised.
- If the right to cancel applies, the cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party (other than the carrier) authorised by you, acquires physical possession of the products.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email).
- To meet the cancellation deadline, you should send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (see paragraph 28 (c) below), which shall, for the avoidance of doubt, include opening the products’ packaging.
- We will make
the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we received back from you any products supplied; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the products; or
- if there were no products supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you
have received products:
- You shall send back the products or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the products before the period of 14 days has expired;
- You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the products; and
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the products resulting from your handling of them other than what was necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
- If you want to see your delivery options, visit our webpage before you place your order.
- If something happens which is outside of our control and affects the estimated date of delivery, we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the products.
- Delivery of the products will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your products within 30 days, we will let you know, cancel your order and give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- You are responsible for the products when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the products passes to you when you take possession of the products.
- We accept through PayPal or Stripe. We do not accept cash.
- Your credit card or debit card will be charged once you have made your order in accordance with paragraph 19 (a), provided none of the circumstances in paragraph 19 (b) apply. We will confirm this in the confirmation email that will be sent to you in accordance with paragraph 19(c).
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. We may also need to use extra security steps.
- 39. Nothing in this paragraph affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the ‘cooling off’ period under The Right to Cancel this Contract (paragraphs 20-23) and the Effects of Cancellation (paragraphs 24-28).
- The price of the products is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP), includes VAT at the applicable rate; and does not include the cost of delivery. If you want delivery options and costs, visit our webpage before you place your order.
- Your legal
rights can be found in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory
rights’). For more detailed information on your
rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want us to replace the products, a price reduction, or to reject the products and get a refund.
End of the contract
- If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or
personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of
your personal information, we are not legally responsible for:
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with the products, our service to you or any other matter, please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you and give you certain information required by law about our alternative dispute resolution provider.
- For any court proceedings relating to this contract, the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to such proceedings.
- The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
Third party rights
- No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
- If a court find part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.